On Saturday I did my first public performance of a written rap. It was a lot of fun! I was nervous but I remembered the lyrics and I was able to deliver all the words. The rapping itself had complicated parts and I was glad that the audience got into it. The name of the event was the Beatnik Cafe and it was definitely like a cafe, so the Hip Hop song I did was a change of pace from acoustic music. The first person to perform, a guitar player and singer, was very good and I expect to see him get famous in the future. There were lots of amazing student musicians and poetry readers and the host of it was Shawn Laramie who is a friend of mine and a very good stand-up comedian.

When none of the four stand-up comedians showed up to the event, Shawn improvised and made a joke that there must be a comedian plague going around and that he could be the next to get taken out by it! That was the most fun I've had this school year so far, and I definitely want to get a set of four songs with music together so that I can perform a whole set.

1 Comment:

  1. Jibril Yassin said...
    hi. just found this site =)
    just wondering, are you ever planning to upload your songs? Interested in hearing some of them.

    But keep going!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home